I can offer a couple of excuses for the lack of posting leading up to Christmas. The main one being that any crafting I was doing was most likely for presents. And the second is linked to my current "creating" project... Baby No 3 who will be joining us in July this year. I'm spent much of the lead up to Christmas (and Christmas itself) laid low with morning sickness, but I *think* its starting to ease off now, and I can resume crafting again.
Anyway, over the next few days I'll post a few things I completed in the last few months (so you don't get one HUGE post filled with lots of pics)
To start off - here's some sewing I completed for myself before I became sick... I needed a few more shirts that would hide my pre-baby expanding tummy - and they've come in very useful now that I have an excuse for getting fatter ;-)
The first two are variations on Simplicity pattern 2599 - inspired by the series on the Presser Foot blog of One Pattern - 7 ways. The pattern is a simple tunic pattern that I've altered a bit to give more room around my tummy. The first I added a yoke with gathering underneath.
And the second I added a fully gathered "skirt" to the bodice. I've found these shirts really flattering to my shape, and there is also room to grow a little bit more.
The third shirt is a pattern I've used several times before - Butterick B5356. The material this time was from a skirt my mother had HAND-SEWED when she was 13. I loved the material and I've actually received a compliment on my shirt from a total stranger. It's great how well the fabric has held up over about 50 years - and I hope it can last a lot longer :-)