Sunday, May 22, 2011

Champion Cargos - pattern by Make it Perfect

My boys both recently needed new pants to wear to church, so I pulled out the Make it Perfect book that I received for Christmas and found the "perfect" pattern - the Champion Cargos pattern.

The first pair I made were in an olive coloured drill that I had managed to snag on clearance at Spotlight one day. These are size 3.


The second pair I've just finished are in a size 0 for my 12 month old (and there is plenty of room). I made these using some corduroy I picked up at an op shop. I probably wouldn't make these pants out of cord again (unless maybe it was a microcord or something) because when it came to sew the waistband I was sewing through 4 layers of corduroy at the pockets and my sewing machine didn't particularly like it, even when using my denim needle.

I love how these turned out - and how they look just that little bit dressier without having to try and figure out how to do a zip fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment