Monday, January 16, 2012

Birthday presents for the nieces

In the lead up to Christmas we have several family birthdays as well (from the end of November to the beginning of February we have 12 family birthdays from both sides). Here's what I made for the three nieces birthdays.

This first one was for a 4 year old. I found some shirts on clearance at Target for $2.86 (I bought some for my husband as well :-D), and intended to make a Shirt dress from MADE. However the material was a slightly thicker polyester and when I tried to make the shirred Shirt Dress the fabric didn't shirr that well. So I made a simple skirt instead, and took the pocket from the shirt to applique onto a plain white t-shirt. I've sewed up the buttons on the front of the skirt for modesty reasons :-) and added a broderie anglaise border to make the skirt a little more girly. The felt flower is cut out using the Big Shot.


The next set was for my little 1 year old niece. Its a simple shirred shirt and pair of shorts. I added a ruffle to the shorts to make them more girly.


The last dress was made using Simplicity 2320. One of my 6 year old nieces had been asking her mum for a "rainbow" dress, and I had this material left over from a trolley cover my mum made for me. I think it fits the bill of a "rainbow" dress :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment