Monday, August 23, 2010

Why I craft

I was looking through all the craft blogs I read (which is more than the list you see over there...) and I found this post on the blog "Cluck, Cluck, Sew". It summarises exactly why I craft - especially the last paragraph:

"Also I want to add (like this post isn’t long enough), that sewing is an important part of my day. Its the only thing that stays finished. Tomorrow I will get up and do this whole routine all over again, but that quilt top? Its FINISHED. There will always be toys to pick up, meals to cook, and toilets to scrub. Sewing is my sanity….and worth every minute."

Crafting is my release from the demands of two little boys and all the things that come with running a home. The neverending pile of laundry and trying to find that one missing sock (I wonder where it is...). The constant calls of "Mummy" and trying to toilet train. Trying to clean the house and think of what to cook for dinner. I love the chance to spend a few minutes to have some me time! Its my way of recharging my batteries.

This talk from President Dieter F Uchtdorf - "Happiness, Your Heritage" - also gives some more reasons as to why I enjoy crafting. I love being able to create things with my hands to help make my home life more beautiful. I hope that I will continue to have the opportunity of being able to craft and to share what I make with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment