This post has been a long time in the works :-) Having 2 little boys doesn't leave me much time for crafting but I'm slowly getting back into it.
The pattern for this tent is from this post.
I almost called this post "what not to do". I actually made 2 of these tents - one for my son and one for my nephew. Somehow I managed to completely stuff up the one for my son (luckily it will still work...) - instead of having 5 seams I ended up with 6. I'm not quite sure how since I cut the second sheet the same as the sheet for this tent. I probably shouldn't have rushed as much as I did.
Overall this was a nice easy pattern to follow and it sews up pretty quickly. Having most of the hems already finished really helps.
My son is pretty happy with it - hopefully his cousin is too!
One thing to note - a twin sheet is equivalent to an Australian single bed sheet. I was all set to make this tent from a double bed sheet when I looked at the dimensions and realised a double bed sheet was too big.