Thursday, September 9, 2010

Wardrobe update... part 1

I've reached the point following Baby No 2's birth that maternity clothes look far too big, but my poor stretched abdominals aren't holding my stomach in well enough to look nice in my "normal" clothes (Physiotherapy started yesterday...). So I decided it was time to make myself some new shirts. I found this pattern on - a US website which sell paper patterns for so much cheaper than you can find them in Australia, and then on top of that they often have sales eg all Simplicity patterns for $US1.99. This was Butterick pattern B5356 - a really simple design - the latest one I made I was able to make over 2 days (borrowing mum's overlocker helped too!). The purple floral material was a remnant I found at Big W, and the light purple stripe was from Spotlight.
I'm really happy with the way these turned out, and how flattering they are for my body shape at the moment. I think this will become one of my favourite patterns :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment